While our mixes are stand-alone good, we like to find new ways to use them. That said, we’ve come up with an easy way to use our Classic Pound Cake Mix to make a Cranberry Lemon Cake. I found some dried cranberries in the cupboard leftover from the Christmas holidays that needed to be used. A lemon was resting peacefully in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator as well. Not for long, “my little pretties!”
The Classic Pound Cake Mix is a versatile mix, so I thought my found ingredients, along with a few eggs, a little oil, and some water would make a nice combination. Don’t you just love it when your hunches turn out spot on? I do! I took the eggs, water, and oil and mixed them together with the mix, then stirred in fresh squeezed lemon juice, the cranberries, and a few chopped pecans for added crunch. This combination baked up to be a tasty treat and so easy to make.
Cranberry Lemon Cake
- 1 package Old School Mill's Pound Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350°(F).
- Grease and flour 8 x 8 pan.
- To package contents add eggs, water, vegetable oil, and lemon juice. Stir until well blended.
- Fold in dried cranberries, lemon zest, and pecans.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 28 to 32 minutes.