Slow cook grits are our trademark and we are proud of our grits. However, not everyone has the luxury of time to slow cook our pride and joy product. Have no fear! Thanks to an ingenious daughter-in-law with an Instant Pot™, Old School Brand™ Stone Ground White Grits can be ready, and tender, within minutes. The water to grits ratio (4:1) is the same, the taste is the same, but the time from start to great grits is a mere 30 minutes, and no stirring is necessary. Will that give you time to set the table, get out the shrimp, grate the cheese? Better get moving!
Instant Pot Stone Ground Grits
- Pressure Cooker, Instant Pot
- 1 cup Old School Mill's Stone Ground White Grits
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Add grits, water, and salt into Instant Pot. Stir to combine. Secure the lid to the Instant Pot and set to High setting for 10 minutes with natural pressure release, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the lid to the Instant Pot. Stir your grits and add 1/2 cup of butter.
- Serve with additional butter, salt and cheese if desired.